HRS Guide for Planting & Caring for a Rose Garden will take you from site selection and planting through to ongoing care and winter protection. Click here to read the guide online, or download the PDF here.
GROWING ROSES IN A NEW ERA is a helpful booklet will provide you with tips to enjoy growing roses in your garden without a lot of work. It is free and available for download by clicking here.
We carry a great assortment of greeting cards of roses & rose gardens taken by members. They are available at all our functions. The cost is $3 each or 2 for $5. These cards are wonderful to send for birthdays, get well, congrats, or sympathy. You write your own personal message. Click on the image to see a larger version.
Here is a collection of websites that we have found helpful in our rose-loving travels.
- American Rose Society
- Canadian Rose Society
- Communities in Bloom – Huronia Rose Society is part of the national Communities in Bloom
- Danish Rose Society (in Danish)
- Ontario Horticultural Society – The Ontario Horticultural Association is a volunteer, charitable organization whose mission is to provide leadership and assist in the promotion of education and interest in all areas of horticulture and related environmental issues in Ontario, through an expanding network of horticultural societies dedicated to the beautification of their communities
- Quebec Rose Society (in French)
- Rose Society of Victoria – Victoria, Australia.
- Royal Horticultural Society – Gardening Resource Site, U.K.
- The Rose Society UK – Rose Society of the U.K.
- Types of Roses – Descriptions and photos of rose varieties
- World Federation of Rose Societies – Association of National Rose Societies from 36 Countries. Resource Site for roses.